Currently reading
Getting an error: "Because the encryption key is invalid..."

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Trying to log into DSM. At the main login screen, I use bitwarden to enter my credentials. After hitting Sign In, I get this warning:
1609339998984.png

What does this mean? When this pops up, I haven't even made it to the 2FA entry screen yet. I've had it come up a couple times now.

If you as Bro' Google... Synology recommends reinstalling DSM. For you that would be reset, mode 2.

Instead, I would restart the NAS and see if the problem resolves, purge the browser cache, or try an alternate browser for login (I'm guessing you are using Chrome).

I'm on firefox. I've been having connectivity issues the last couple days as well. I've reloaded my entire library of photos and videos and the re-indexing and thumbnail generating is really slowing down the NAS to the point I can't log into it without a restart. I'm guessing the issues might be related.
-- post merged: --

I get this a lot right now too:
1609353031084.png

I'm on firefox. I've been having connectivity issues the last couple days as well. I've reloaded my entire library of photos and videos and the re-indexing and thumbnail generating is really slowing down the NAS to the point I can't log into it without a restart. I'm guessing the issues might be related.
-- post merged: --

I get this a lot right now too:
View attachment 2683
Also, try and SSH into your NAS and run
Code:
htop
to see if your box is getting hammered by some specific process. Could be that it just has problems handling requests and you are getting 404 nginx page.

I’ve never seen this with any of my DiskStations, but I remember reading about it. Some of the recommendations:
  • Clear the browser’s cash (and restart the computer).
  • Make sure the clock is set and syncing correctly on the DS and the time is correct on the PC.
  • Use a different browser if it continues and see.

Thanks for this! My diskstation date/time was set to 2001 for some reason, even though 'Synchronize with NTP server' was enabled and set to time.google.com. I change it to pool.ntp.org, applied and I can now log in. I was having the problem only on Firefox. I could log in using Chrome just fine, but since Firefox is my preferred browser, glad I can once again use it.

Again, @WST16 thanks for taking the time to post your recommendations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.