Currently reading
Getting Not Secure https on my home LAN

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi all every time I connect to my NAS via my home network Clients I am getting a warning that Your Connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your Information NET::ERR_ CERT_Authority_Invalid
I have to click to get past being an unsafe connection, when I get past that I am left with the URL message showing Not secure HTTPS in Red with lines through, And then I am able to use Video Station as normal from that computer.

Not sure if it's the browser settings I am on Brave Browser, But also affects Google Chrome as well, So believe it to be NAS-related.

Any ideas as to what is triggering this when it's on a home network? How can I stop this problem ?
Thanking you for your help..

Do these provide any information?

The chances are you are accessing the NAS using a domain/subdomain/IP address which is not included in the web server's SSL certificate. Either that or you are using a self-signed certificate. It's the web browser's way of say it cannot verify the web server.

Upvote 0
Hi all every time I connect to my NAS via my home network Clients I am getting a warning that Your Connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your Information NET::ERR_ CERT_Authority_Invalid
I have to click to get past being an unsafe connection, when I get past that I am left with the URL message showing Not secure HTTPS in Red with lines through, And then I am able to use Video Station as normal from that computer.

Not sure if it's the browser settings I am on Brave Browser, But also affects Google Chrome as well, So believe it to be NAS-related.

Any ideas as to what is triggering this when it's on a home network? How can I stop this problem ?
Thanking you for your help..

I don't see a reason to use https, if you're accessing your NAS from within your local network.
That said, if for whatever reason you want to, you need to load a valid (and trusted) certificate on your synology. If the browser shows you this warning, it's just because you're using a self signed cert (not trusted). There are many options, but typically Let's Encrypt is the way to go... google for tutorials on how to set it up on a synology...

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.