Info [GIVEAWAY] SynoForum.com is celebrating its 3rd anniversary!

Currently reading
Info [GIVEAWAY] SynoForum.com is celebrating its 3rd anniversary!

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
www.synoforum.com
NAS
DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
This forum gained over 3,400 members and almost 38,000 posts by this time. We would like to thank everybody for any kind of support - reading, posting, sharing knowledge, donating, or upgrading the account.

A special thanks go to our moderators @Rusty and @fredbert for providing support to our members and being so faithful for all this time.

This year, SynoForum.com is running a giveaway to celebrate its 3rd anniversary.

synoforum3rdanniversary.jpg

Since Surveillance Station 9.0 is already in its Beta stage, we thought this would be useful in the future:

IMG_1274.jpg

This giveaway (one free Surveillance Station license) is available in association with BlackVoid. The item will be given and shipped in a physical state.

Disclosure: the giveaway item was purchased with your own funds, no one is paying for or sponsoring it. No payment is required to participate. All registered members can participate, except staff members. Duplicate accounts will be blocked.

How to participate?​

You need to have a valid account on SynoForum.com. Registration is free. Duplicate accounts will be blocked. Staff members are excluded.

What are the giveaway rules?​

Reply to this thread and tell us:
  1. How do you see this item as beneficial to you
  2. On which Synology NAS model you are going to add this license
  3. How many active Surveillance Station licenses do you already have
Note: two word or nonsense comments will not be taken into consideration. Please, make sure you talk about all three points from the rules above.

This giveaway will be active from April 5, 2022, till April 20, 2022 (that date included). All posts after this date will not be taken into consideration for the giveaway, but you can still comment if you wish.

Announcing the winner​

The winner will be randomly chosen (replies that meet the criteria from the giveaway rules) and announced on April 21, 2022, in this thread.

Our staff will contact the winner via conversation message on this forum. Make sure to check the forum within 48 hours and respond to the conversation. You can also enable email notifications for new conversation messages.

If the initial winner will not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be picked and given another 48 hours to respond.

Good luck to all, and thank you in advance for participating.

UPDATE:

And we have a winner! Check here: Info - [GIVEAWAY] SynoForum.com is celebrating its 3rd anniversary!

I never want to send my video feeds and storage to public clouds. Synology has provided us with the ability to keep all our data and other services local out of the hands of Google and other cloud providers. So far I have installed and used my licenses to monitor activity outside my home and it's been working great. I would like to install a few more camera's to cover the entrance to the home and watch for porch pirates.​

2​

Last edited:
3 years already? 😟

For me, this underscores how quickly time is slipping away from me.

As Steve Miller sang... Time keeps on slipping, slipping, into the future...

Time has come today. We each are expending our time on something. Make it worth it. For lasting treasure.

Last edited:
As a public service to our Homeowner’s Association, (And education to me..) I bought used cameras, updated lenses & firmware, custom mounts & buried POE cable to house. Cameras looking down at the uphill switchback around a pond at 3500’ of our 4400’ high development private road. The roads are occasionally impassable due to weather—the reason for the cameras…. Homeowners access the cameras via DS CAM, so they know what the conditions are at this elevation’s switchback, and can plan accordingly if road is impassible.
Have purchased 1 SS License out of pocket in addition to cameras for this, and of course, the 718+ NAS.
An extra license would add extra view & improve the coverage for neighbors, and let me experiment on a 4th camera on the 100/10 bandwidth my Ma & Pa ISP provides!

Happy anniversary!!
Following you for so long!
With my wife, we finally signed to buy our first Home! I’m going to move my DS916+ there and will finally be able to setup the camera I bought recently!! This licence would be amazing to centralize everything on my DS916+ to protect our precious Home!!! I currently don’t have any licenses. Thank you!

I've been onboard now for a little over a year after seeking answers to questions I had regarding best practices for setting up my DS and thanks to Blackvoid for connecting me here.

I acquired the DS1621xs+ and was probably overkill for what I needed at the the time as a home and small biz user but glad I splurged as I've been able to condense the footprint and power consumption of a bunch of random server and networking gear I had. When I originally acquired this unit, surveilance was a low priority as I knew I had a bit of investment to get everything up and running before getting cameras.

I have two licenses (embedded) as it stands but an additional license will be nice as I will be relocating soon and have a better opportunity for network design at my new residence. I'm pretty limited in what I can host at the moment due to space and aging structure restrictions of my property. Regardless, surveilance technology is facsinating to me and I'm looking forward to learning more about it and network design as a DIY user as I'm not a network professional.

I look forward in participating and continuing the journey here!

Happy Anniversary SynoForum! I appreciate the help I have been getting while setting up my first NAS, a DS920+ with a DX517 expansion unit. (I am tired of connecting external hard drives to my laptops and then not being able to reach my files when away from home.) We have interior security cameras connected to our ADT account, but have not yet figured out how to do outside cameras. We have no surveillance station license yet, but would like to use our NAS. It would be beneficial to us because we have lots of storage space with the NAS and would not need to buy an NVR – everything would work through our Synology account and apps. Pretty awesome.

• I think it will be quite beneficial as we are starting to supplant our existing cameras with IP cameras when we can pick them up cheap and don't have an NVR yet.
  • Good question! We mainly have older units, so I think the DS220+ we have would be the best fit since it is the newest.
  • This would be our first license.

Congrats to Synoforum making it 3 years in an age where social media noise claims to be where communities live. Clearly this is not the case and you've proven it. :) Forums will always rule content!

Gents

the exchange of knowledge and experience is priceless. I want to thank everyone who enriched me here with something new. Every impulse, every sentence means that this society can be more educated. And a more educated society is the foundation of its own development.

I keep my fingers crossed for this project!

This item will help protect the car in the driveway and keep my mum safer 24/7.

DS720+

I joined 35 months ago and absolutly enjoy it here.

This forum actualy is quite special. It feels like people are joining here to master their skills :)
It is refreshing to see that people show effort when posting questions or answering them.

This forum does a better job than the official Synology forum ever did, or likely will ever do - the personal touch makes this forum so great.

Well done, gentlemen! Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
How do you see this item as beneficial to you
I'm just starting out with my Synology NAS. Surveillance cameras were always on my wish list. Once I start configuring and using them, I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for the forums.

On which Synology NAS model you are going to add this license
I have a 920+ with 4x14TB.

How many active Surveillance Station licenses do you already have
Just the standard 2.

While I am not a huge contributor here, I have read and learned a few things that I didn't know, and I appreciate those who take the time to respond with details and information instead of belittling condescending comments, like other places reddit

1: Obviously the benefit of adding additional camera streams to my feed :)
2: DS1621+
3: only 2 at the moment

Good luck to everyone, and keep contributing! I am learning!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.