Question Good bittorrent client?

Currently reading
Question Good bittorrent client?

NAS
DS2411+
Operating system
Windows
So I found this thread and thought I'd stop by for help. I have been running Safihre's Deluge client on my DSM but the problem is the WebUI is constantly timing out and I can barely get a connection, and whenever I tried to set it up with my local PC Deluge and connect via Connection Manager it never worked. So I'm kinda getting sick of Deluge and looking for other options.

I have tried Docker in the past and damned if I can figure out how to get from an Image to a working piece of software I can use. Even if I manage to create a Container, I have no idea what the URL is or how to config. I have no plans to connect externally, I would access everything from my LAN via PC, I just don't want to keep a client running on my desktop all the time to seed stuff on the NAS.

I've put the linuxserver.io versions of Deluge and qbittorrent images on Docker but can't figure out where to next, and as oRBIT has mentioned, they don't make it noob-friendly.

Any quick and painless tips on how I actually progress beyond an Image or access the application after I create a Container?

NAS
DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Transmission
Deluge
Download Station

Not much left :)

How about qbittorrent in Docker?

NAS
DS216+II, DS118, DS718+
Router
RT2600ac, MR2200ac
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
Android
With what error exactly?
There was no error at all. the files just remained where they were.

These is what I've set:
2020-07-05_12-24-50.jpg

2020-07-05_12-24-00.jpg

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
A horrible option I have written off many times before. I've also tried Transmission.
Download Station is Transmission just with Synology web ui over it. If you need a hand with running qbittorrent or deluge inside a container, please start a new topic describing what image you have used and what exact steps did you do, or PM me and I will help you in private with it.

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DSM 7.0.1-14401
There was no error at all. the files just remained where they were.
This sounds like the problem I had (and still have) Sonarr couldn't move the files. I played with "rights" and PUID/GUID all day and nothing was accomplished. My half-baked solution was to create a folder...
/docker/sonarr/tv series
for the transferred files to reside. That worked! QBT had no issue. Yet, it would not deliver files to
/video/tv series.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!