Question Good bittorrent client?

Currently reading
Question Good bittorrent client?

@Rusty I have two questions about Deluge:

Docker i srunning and i can see the UI. The default port is 8112, but there are 2 more ports (i guess there are for P2P). How do you have them ? Fixed ports or automatic? And one more, these ports must be forwarded on the router right ?

Thanks again, unvaluable help

@Rusty I have two questions about Deluge:

Docker i srunning and i can see the UI. The default port is 8112, but there are 2 more ports (i guess there are for P2P). How do you have them ? Fixed ports or automatic? And one more, these ports must be forwarded on the router right ?

Thanks again, unvaluable help
Consider hat I don’t use torrents I will just suggest that having any port in docker on automatic will give you problems if you need to do anything with that port specifically. So would suggest fixing them to specific values and yes, you will have to forward those ports if you want any traffic on them.

Tried Deluge, but it doesn't work.. No idea what the problem is...

1591460176552.png

Run command:
Code:
docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --net=container:nordvpn3 -v /volume1/docker/deluge/config:/config -v /volume1/docker/deluge/downloads:/downloads -e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 linuxserver/deluge

Tried Deluge, but it doesn't work.. No idea what the problem is...

View attachment 1623

Run command:
Code:
docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --net=container:nordvpn3 -v /volume1/docker/deluge/config:/config -v /volume1/docker/deluge/downloads:/downloads -e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 linuxserver/deluge
Same problem if you are not tunneling it?

I don't understand what you mean by this. From outside your local network, you can log into the DSM UI and do whatever you want with Docker. And, you can access the UI of containers running on Docker from outside the LAN as well, with port forwarding or reverse proxy. I suspect I must be misunderstanding your post somehow.
i did forward the port 8080 in my router setting to access qbittorrent remotely but i could get to the web ui outside my network
and when i forward the port do i need to put my local NAS ip or public ip ? and how can i access the web ui of qbittorrent remotely should i write NAS public ip:8080 ?
sorry i have a lot of questions but i'm new to docker and i have a problem on how to access it remotely even though i forwarded all the needed ports for the container as shown in the pic

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.21.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.21.47 PM.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 48
i did forward the port 8080 in my router setting to access qbittorrent remotely but i could get to the web ui outside my network
and when i forward the port do i need to put my local NAS ip or public ip ? and how can i access the web ui of qbittorrent remotely should i write NAS public ip:8080 ?

It depends on how you access QBT while on your LAN. If you use...

http://192.168.1.21:8080 to access QBT's WebUI, then you would forward port 8080 (external) to port 8080 (internal) to IP 192.168.1.21 (presumably your NAS IP if you are using Docker to run QBT).

Or... you could connect by VPN and enter the LAN IP:QBTport.

It depends on how you access QBT while on your LAN. If you use...

http://192.168.1.21:8080 to access QBT's WebUI, then you would forward port 8080 (external) to port 8080 (internal) to IP 192.168.1.21 (presumably your NAS IP if you are using Docker to run QBT).

Or... you could connect by VPN and enter the LAN IP:QBTport.
how can i connect by VPN an i have nord VPN on my NAS do you have a guid or smothing to help out

I prefer qBittorrent.

Also this Docker is reffering to PUID's and PGID's . I'm not sure what they are talking about. I guess this is why i'm having permission problems.. Anyone who can maybe explain a bit better to a Linux noob like me what this is exactly? Are these attributes of user accounts? Do I have to create some sort of service-account, find the PUID and PGID of this account and put it in the environment vars for this Docker container?

Do I have to create some sort of service-account, find the PUID and PGID of this account and put it in the environment vars for this Docker container?
I typically use my user account PUID/PGID. To grab those values, SSH into your NAS. Once logged in. enter
Code:
id
and this will show your UID (aka PUID) and the GID (aka PGID).

You could also create a dedicated user... for example, "sonarr" and use those UID/GID credentials.

I've setup the docker with qbit from the linuxserver/qbittorrent:latest.

It shows its running but I don't know how to assign my vpn and also setup my web ui view.

1592331242800.png

1592331259400.png

1592331286700.png

It shows its running but I don't know how to assign my vpn and also setup my web ui view.
The WeBUI should be the local port you paired with 8080. If you're using "Auto" you'll need to look for this each time you start the container. Or use 8080 in place of "Auto". See note here.

Re: VPN... I'm unsure this can be done with the linuxserver/qbittorrent image. Perhaps if you direct all NAS outbount traffic to VPN that would work (but not in the sense of a kill switch). For VPN use I chose the markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn image. Only qBittorrent traffic uses the VPN integral to the Docker container.

The WeBUI should be the local port you paired with 8080. If you're using "Auto" you'll need to look for this each time you start the container. Or use 8080 in place of "Auto". See note here.

Re: VPN... I'm unsure this can be done with the linuxserver/qbittorrent image. Perhaps if you direct all NAS outbount traffic to VPN that would work (but not in the sense of a kill switch). For VPN use I chose the markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn image. Only qBittorrent traffic uses the VPN integral to the Docker container.

Yay! I got it to work. Now I need to figure out how to bring in my old torrent files so they match my downloads so I can get back to seeding.

Now I need to figure out how to bring in my old torrent files so they match my downloads so I can get back to seeding.

If you find a trickery for that, let me know.

Meanwhile, I have a little something...
I can let only let downloads land in /volume1/docker/ . While I have al my movies stored in a regular share called /volume1/general/movies . If I mount the docker container's /download path into this path outside the /docker share, then the torrentclient errors out if it tries to download anything. What to do?
Rather not have to manually move files all the time..

Is your torrent client running with a specific user that has permissions on both folders?
Yes

If so, then you can try and map your /movies folder and...

How do I do this exactly? Add another volume mount to the container?

Code:
docker create \
  --name=qbittorrent --net=container:nordvpn3 \
  -e PUID=1026 \
  -e PGID=1000 \
  -e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam \
  -e UMASK_SET=022 \
  -e WEBUI_PORT=8090 \
  -v /volume1/docker/qbittorrent/config:/config \
  -v /volume1/docker/qbittorrent/downloads:/downloads \
  -v /volume1/general/movies:/gmovies \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  linuxserver/qbittorrent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.