Question Good bittorrent client?

Currently reading
Question Good bittorrent client?

This issue is not specific to docker, I am having issues getting connected to package version of deluge daemon as well. I will get this sorted out.

So my issue is with auth for the docker instance. Is the /config/auth string the correct one to use for daemon access or do I need another auth?
Can't say. Not using torrents or their clients. This is just from the perspective of setting everything up as the tutorial states. You will have to test it out on your own.

Can't say. Not using torrents or their clients. This is just from the perspective of setting everything up as the tutorial states. You will have to test it out on your own.
I gave up on Deluge. The remote daemon access is super buggy. I did a Docker install of qbittorrent and now just download the .torrent files to a watched directory using that instance. Thanks for your help.

Sorry to bogart this thread a bit, but are there any performance benefits or detriments to running a Docker based bittorrent client, as opposed to Download Station or a different non-Docker bittorrent client container?

Sorry to bogart this thread a bit, but are there any performance benefits or detriments to running a Docker based bittorrent client, as opposed to Download Station or a different non-Docker bittorrent client container?
Performace benefits not that much. It will not be any slower or faster. Best benefit of Docker is isolation, migration to a new Docker host, minimum configuration needed in those cases etc...

Best thing here is to have a better app then Transmission packed under Download Station, and use a client that you want. Most out there are a lot better with better features.

I'm hoping a kind soul can help on here :)

I've managed to install qbittorrent in a docker container on my DS218+ (I'm a Docker noob). Settings, volumes and ports set up ok I think, however when I try and set up a monitored folder in QB settings and save it, and then go back there's nothing there (nothings been saved)??

I would like it to monitor a shared folder on my nas called 'Torrents To Load', and in Volumes for the container I have set /torrents to link to that shared folder. In QB I set the monitored folder to /torrents and the save location to 'default save location', then I click the plus sign to create a new monitored folder line, then save. But when I go back in there's nothing there, and nothing has been set up :/

Does anyone have any ideas or know if I'm doing something wrong. I've spent all day Googling and come up empty

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.