DS 720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all, I’m trying to setup my first RKE2 HA cluster but I’m having some difficulties to join the other nodes.
I manage to spin the first node and correctly set the config yaml as:
-kubecluster.mydomain.com
-kubenode01

While the config.yaml for second and third is setup this way:

Token: xxxx
Server: kubecluster.my domain.com:9345
-kubecluster.mydomain.com
-kubenode02
In my network I have and Nginx load balancer running with Nginx Proxy Manager and Pi-hole is working as Local DNS. When trying to join the second and third node the rke2 script hit the load balancer ip (10.10.10.49:9345) and fails to join. Certificates are loaded on my Nginx Proxy Manager. Can you please help me to understand if there's additional configuration I should add to NGINX to let the others two nodes join the first?
Thanks 🙏

I miss info about establishing API 6443 listener, what is one from two prerequisites for RKE2 through LB
Yeah, same for 6443 but first explicit error is about “kubecluster.mydomain.com:9345 access denied” when you first setup and you need to join the other nodes.
Given that I believe I managed to find the fix. Indeed there was something needed in NPM to pass that traffic.
I had to set in NPM streams section the port hit by the request and the forward IP and port to send that request. Guess what… 😁 it magically worked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back