Has Anyone Installed DSM 7.0 Remotely, via QuickConnect?

Currently reading
Has Anyone Installed DSM 7.0 Remotely, via QuickConnect?

D

Deleted member 673

I manage a DS420+ remotely via QuickConnect - it runs just Web Station and Media Server. The NAS is in a fairly isolated location thousands of miles across the U.S. from me. So I'd prefer to update the DS420+ remotely via QuickConnect, rather than ship it back and forth. Can anyone verify that this is workable?

Thanks in advance for any confirmations, insights or warnings. Ron

Solution
I have done a large number of remote installation without any problems. The risk of a remote install is the same as the local one. Once you import the package to install new dsm, reset of the process is the same.

Try and have your backup up to date, export configuration settings just in case, and rock on.
I have done a large number of remote installation without any problems. The risk of a remote install is the same as the local one. Once you import the package to install new dsm, reset of the process is the same.

Try and have your backup up to date, export configuration settings just in case, and rock on.

Upvote 0
Solution
Download the installer and do a manual upgrade in Control Panel. Available for your DS215j from here:

That's if you have remote access to DSM. It's only a web server connection to DSM, whether local or remote.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back