DS note Has this app been abandoned?

Currently reading
DS note Has this app been abandoned?

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
It was last updated on iOS a year ago and the reviews are negative.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Synology's apps are known for mediocrity. At the Google Play Store, you will see this:

App
Rating
DS Audio​
2.7​
DS Get​
3.7​
DS Note​
3.2​
DS Cloud​
1.9​
Synology Chat​
3.4​
Synology Drive​
2.4​
DS Photo​
2.8​
DS File​
3.1​
DS Video​
3.1​
Synology Live Cam​
2.5​

Over at the "community", it seems that iOS apps fare poorer, as Synology blames Apple for inter-compatibility conflicts. Updates are few (apart from DSM7-related tweaks), and feature improvements are nearly nonexistent. FWIW, Android's DS Note was last updated on October 9, 2021 to fix an SSL bug.

The only one I bother with from time to time is DSfile. I've abandoned DSphoto a long time ago and never even looked at the others.

Last edited:
Oh wow, what is the point of the NAS then!?
-- post merged: --

Just tried out DS Note, it is not possible to paste into the app.
What a comedy show.

Last edited:
I have bookmarked the link to Joplin.

However, I want syncing to only take place on the LAN, so that probably rules that out. * It does not work using an IP address. Trying it with Onedrive now but negates the purpose of having a NAS surely.

I have the firewall set to not allow external access to the NAS.

Oh wow, what is the point of the NAS then!?
-- post merged: --

Just tried out DS Note, it is not possible to paste into the app.
What a comedy show.
May I also recommend Trilium Notes? It runs in a Docker container, has a desktop version for Windows (which synchronizes seamlessly with the aforementioned container), as well as a browser extension (I use the Chrome web clipper). User interface is pretty good and it is fast.
After using EverNote, Note Station, and several other applications, this is the one I'm staying with.

Here's a how-to; it is a very simple set-up:

Although I use a domain name, I just checked it out with my local IP and the sync test passed.
Code:
https://192.168.1.42:5005/shared_folder_name

What app did you test using this method?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.