Currently reading
Have I lost all my data?

NAS
DS218J
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Long story short, I swapped my HDs from a DS218j to a newly purchased DS220+.
In that process the DS220+ started beeping and said that disk 2 was having issues (DSM 7 was set up on the new NAS.) It told me to "remove" the HD from storage pool which is what I did and now it looks as though I have lost all data..
I have 2x 4TB HD's, that back one another up, so I thought I would be OK removing one HD.
Now it says there are no shared files and I cannot seem to find my data?
Please tell me that I haven't accidentally done the unthinkable?
I didn't do a factory reset or anything, I was simply trying to stop the beeping of the NAS as it was constant, and followed what the instructions said to
Please let me know where/how I could possibly retrieve my data?
TIA

you can’t swap system disks between two diff platforms as you did:
- 218j is Marvel Armada CPU
- 220+ is Intel Celeron CPU
don’t mention two diff DSM 6 vs 7

Insert these disks back into the old one NAS (same disk into same bay). You have one and only option - backup the data “somewhere” then start from a scratch in your new NAS, restore the data to new the NAS.
“j” vs “plus” are two different worlds from the possibilities point of view

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.