NAS
DS1812+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I own a trusted DS1812, using SHR raid, with a different bunch of disks, spanning from 3TB to 16TB.

Would it be possibile to make an HDD migration to a new DS1823Xs+, retaining the SHR and using the old hard disks?

I know that the new one doesn't support the SHR natively, but I sa that it should be possible to retain the SGR raid using the hdd swap, see here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9IRnSXLOoc

How can I be sure about it, using my old hdds (I am concerned about the "new Synology approved" hdds requirement.

That answer I'd like to have is that if someone was using the SHR on an XS+ model without issues.

That's strange, 'cause I saw multiple sources that say it has been done, including this you tube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.