User introduction Hello from Japan!

Currently reading
User introduction Hello from Japan!

Hi everyone!

First of all, this is a great forum - it's been really helpful in my quest to set up my new Synology NAS. I bought a 218Play years ago and mostly used it for file storage and Plex, but this summer I got a 423+, upgraded it to 18GB of RAM, added a WD Red NVMe drive, and then set up three Containerized Wordpress sites, all with independent databases and all backing up twice a day (Hyper-backup snapshots, offsite) ... and it all works great! So, many thanks to the members of this forum for all of the great advice and information.

I'm in the process of setting up my storefront site - feel free to check it out if you like:

"EDITED by moderator"

It's self-hosted (obviously), behind a reverse proxy, has a Let's Encrypt SSL cert, runs off the NVMe drive for speed, along with a redis cache (to RAM, for even more speed). And it's sitting behind a double NAT, attached to an Orbi satellite (which has a wireless connection to the main Orbi unit) so I'm frankly just astonished (and thrilled!) that it works at all. Lol

Anyway, thanks again. I hope to be able to contribute a bit myself, now that I have experience with this!

Hello TokyoHam, welcome to the forum! While we appreciate the kind words and your successful experience with Syno products, we have to say that advertising this way is not allowed, so the URL has been removed from the post.

We hope you understand, and that there will be no issue with this moving forward.

Again, good to have you here, we hope that you will continue to learn more in the future and help others with your experience!

Hello TokyoHam, welcome to the forum! While we appreciate the kind words and your successful experience with Syno products, we have to say that advertising this way is not allowed, so the URL has been removed from the post.

We hope you understand, and that there will be no issue with this moving forward.

Again, good to have you here, we hope that you will continue to learn more in the future and help others with your experience!
Got it - I didn't even think of that, sorry. I was actually just hoping to get some feedback on the site in terms of speed/responsiveness/etc considering that it was really difficult to set up. lol

But totally understand about the 'advertising' thing, so apologies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.