User introduction Hello...

Currently reading
User introduction Hello...

Hello All,

Do hope that everyone is safe and in good health.
After much deciding between makes and models, took the plunge and settled on a Synology DS220+, so am a newbie to the Synology scene. I mainly got the NAS to backup mobile data as well as to have documents available on the go. Kind of like Google Drive or One Drive and a functionality like Google or Amazon Photos. Reading many reviews, and watching many videos, I found that Synology had a good community base as well as a good App store (my other alternative was an Asustor NAS).
Do hope I made the right choice...

Anyway, just wanted to say ”Hello to All”, and no-doubt I will have tons of silly questions for you guys-so do hope you don't mind.

Keep safe everyone.

Welcome to the flock!

220+ for your 1st NAS I would say you nailed it. Small, but can do all the things that Syno world can offer, and it's a great base for your 1st-time experience. Coming over from Asustor will feel like driving a Bently :D

Feel free to open a topic but before that, check our Resource section as well as just a general search of the forum.

btw, love your avatar!

I too am a NAS newbie with a DS220+ I upgraded the RAM to 6GB and connected it to a UPS.
I got it to back up the documents/files from PCs, as well as running a PLEX server to view my many movies, pictures and audio files. 2 days up and so far so good!

Hey Patm300e - welcome.
That's impressive...am still in the progress of setting things up....so any links or hints would be appreciated... 😁
Just one question...has the increased RAM made a difference? And what type of RAM does it take?
Thanks

I never ran the Nas without the ram so I don't know if it made a difference...I will say that I am anning on running a git server for my software development. That is why I upgraded. As far as what type, you have to use synology ram or it will void the warranty. That is spelled out in the hardware documentation. It was $98 on amazon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.