DSM 7.0 HELP: How to use Synology Drive Sharesync to sync 3 or more Synology NAS servers.

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 HELP: How to use Synology Drive Sharesync to sync 3 or more Synology NAS servers.

NAS
DS916+, DS220J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi all I have a problem that I would like some help to solve please.

I have 3 Synology NAS Servers that I wish to sync using Synology Drive Sharesync.

My main NAS is a DS 916+ (NAS 1) in my office, then I have 2 other DS220J (NAS 2 + NAS 3) NAS servers in remote offsite locations.

On DS916+ I have created a sync task of shared folder 'Data01' from NAS 1 to NAS 2 using Synology Drive Sharesync and that works great.

I now would like to also create another sync task of shared folder 'Data01' from NAS 1 to NAS 3 but when i get to the final window I get the following message:

"The folder has already been occupied by another sync task. Please select another folder"

I know I could create a Synology Drive Sharesync task on NAS 3 to sync back to NAS 1 but the issue is that NAS 3 is a relatively low end NAS that has bottom spec RAM and Processor which make NAS 3 nearly unusable with that task running.

It seems to be a limitation of Synology Drive and I know I want my cake and to eat it too but I hope there may be a workaround out there?

Thanks I advance.

Cheers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.