Help needed - Drive's not recognised on new NAS build

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to set up my new 920+. It's just been delivered so I installed the 4 brand new ironwolf pro 6tb drive's and fired it up. When it comes to creating a pool only 2 of the drives are showing. I've powered it down and swapped the drives around and the same 2 drive's are not being detected. I want to create a Raid 5 array so really hoping they aren't dead-on-arrival. Can anyone suggest anything I might have done wrong? Thanks 👍

You might check them in a pc or hdd usb dock using seatools, but typically they should be visible in the nas. Think you have 2 DOA's
Thanks, unfortunately I don't have any other way to test them. I've swapped them around 4 times now with no joy. I wanted to create a raid 5 array but I guess I'll have to go with SHA and wait for these to get swapped.

Thanks for your help 👍

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.