NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,
My NAS has experienced a power outage, and after rebooting, I could not access to my data.
I seems like the RAID cannot build itself, even if all the drives are healthy. (please see the screenshot)

The Storage manager suggests that I submit a ticket through my Synology account but all I could access to is a chat bot that was useless.

Can anyone here help me with the best way recover my data ?
Thank you very much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.15.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.15.52 AM.png
    220 KB · Views: 20
The Storage manager suggests that I submit a ticket through my Synology account but all I could access to is a chat bot that was useless.
Please use the account.synology.com address via your browser, log into your Synology Account, and open a ticket that way. Don't do anything in a hurry in terms of your array, as a fix could be very simple for the Syno support team.

Open a ticket, and wait until you get further instructions.

Upvote 0
Follow Rusty's advice. It appears you are only using 3 drives. If so, they will likely tell you to remove all drives and, suing a new drive, create a single drive SHR volume. When that is complete, you would then add the 3 drive in, and DSM should reconstitute the original array (after which you can remove the single volume drive.
Can anyone here help me with the best way recover my data ?
Hopefully you have an off-NAS backup available.

Upvote 0
Please use the account.synology.com address via your browser, log into your Synology Account, and open a ticket that way. Don't do anything in a hurry in terms of your array, as a fix could be very simple for the Syno support team.

Open a ticket, and wait until you get further instructions.
I tried to open a ticket, but it just redirects me to some questions/answers that are not relevant to the issue I m facing :(

Upvote 0
Once you have logged into your Synology account (not the NAS, but the online Synology support site) you should get a page like this:

1672937305196.png

Click the Support menu item and then Create Support Ticket.

If it asks you if such and such articles help you just plough through the ticket interface and click 'Next'. It should now enable you to raise a support ticket.

Upvote 0
Once you have logged into your Synology account (not the NAS, but the online Synology support site) you should get a page like this:

View attachment 11759

Click the Support menu item and then Create Support Ticket.

If it asks you if such and such articles help you just plough through the ticket interface and click 'Next'. It should now enable you to raise a support ticket.
Thanks, it finally worked
I didn't pay attention to the next button at the bottom

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.