Help to choose setup

Currently reading
Help to choose setup

Hi guys.I have 2 NAS both of then are 2 bay.Each disc is setup as independent,so no RAID is needed.I'm using 3 discs for my movies and tv shows,so there are not to many changes s I had them back up manually.
1 discs is use for may files and photos.music etc a is backed up via external USB disc connected to NAS via Hyperbackup once a day.
It;s time to upgrade.Now I'm thinking about to buy 4 bay NAS and I'm looking for setup to each HDD as individual drive,no RAID .
I'll plan to use 2 of them for my multimedia content a other 2 for back up.So each of 2 HDDs will back up thru Hyperbackup on ut's own back up HDD.
My question is,will I'll be able to do it with 4 bay NAS?

My question is,will I'll be able to do it with 4 bay NAS?
In short yes.

Does it makes a lot of sense, not really, just because your data and backup data are on the same device. Might be a good idea to get a new nas, migrate those 4 drives are you said, and use one or both of the old NAS devices as backup devices at least with a single drive in them. Just an idea.

Well,what makes sense? Older NAS I plan to use this way: one of them as file server and another for home videos,photos and music.Those are files,that are change frequently,so they required different approach to back up and safefy.
On the other hand multimedia files once are on NAS,there will be know changes to them and most of them I have backed on som olders HDDs and they can be downloaded again. Reason I'm looking for this solution is that I'd like to avoid bunch od external HDDs to be connected to NAS or loose HDDs space with RAID,when RAID is actually no needed.

Well,what makes sense? Older NAS I plan to use this way: one of them as file server and another for home videos,photos and music.Those are files,that are change frequently,so they required different approach to back up and safefy.
On the other hand multimedia files once are on NAS,there will be know changes to them and most of them I have backed on som olders HDDs and they can be downloaded again. Reason I'm looking for this solution is that I'd like to avoid bunch od external HDDs to be connected to NAS or loose HDDs space with RAID,when RAID is actually no needed.
Well in that case, if you have it all planned out, go for it. The fact is that you can go with a bigger nas and use all your drives in it with no problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.