Help with migrating Synology Mail Server to another NAS

NAS
DS416, DS920+, RS816
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I currently run Mail Server on two of my NAS devices. Due to an ISP change I'm going to need to move away from my current static IP setup and use a mail reflector type of service with dynamic DNS. I'm going to need to consolidate my email accounts onto one NAS, and I've got several years worth of message backups and archives. What's the most efficient way to make the transfer?

No. My servers don't support MailPlus. This is the standard Synology Mail Server.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
How have you configured high-availability with standard Mail Server on two NAS, with one static external IP address? Using a dynamic IP address should be very similar, not that I understand how you have this working in the first place.

Some details on how you have setup the two mail servers would be helpful.

When I changed from using local user accounts to LDAP I created a duplicate set of accounts in LDAP. Then I copied the .MailDir folders from the local account to the corresponding LDAP account and applied changes to the folder's owner and permissions (and it's contents). This might be something you might think is similar to what you could do, if the two NAS run separate communities of users: create extra local/LDAP/AD accounts and copy in .MailDir.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.