Help with xenforo

NAS
DS414
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi I was thinking I have a xenforo website but for the attachment upload system I was thinking of using my Nas is it possible?

There must be a way. I'll check around and see if there are any possibilities for this.

Otherwise, it is better to have some other service that is maybe more reliable for this kind of stuff. Or if you’d like to run a forum for a small community you can host the whole XenForo software on a NAS.

Upvote 0
There must be a way. I'll check around and see if there are any possibilities for this.

Otherwise, it is better to have some other service that is maybe more reliable for this kind of stuff. Or if you’d like to run a forum for a small community you can host the whole XenForo software on a NAS.
Thank you that would be great

Upvote 0
This:
Well, considering you can mount NFS, you could just direct the internal data to the mounted folder...

Or, run something like Minio on your NAS and run it as a S3 Compatible endpoint for your forum.. however if you intend to do this out of your home, the performance is likely to be poor if your forum is hosted somewhere else in the world.

Agree with that, running it like this from home could be a performance issue. I wouldn't run it like this.

Upvote 0
Imho reliable webhosting does not cost that much anymore and they offer you lots of storage, you leave the complete webhosting etc to that company and you only run the board; i would do it like that (i am doing it like that for about 22 years already)

Upvote 0
Exactly, reliable web hosting is very important. Unless you're going to run a small home project and it's ok if occasional downtime or slowness occurs.
Well I just gonna run some business that just have ppl entering and purchasing user upgrades and maybe getting support in the forum

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.