User introduction Hey All!

Currently reading
User introduction Hey All!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here! I picked up a ds920+ as my first real NAS. I had a old HP ex470 many many years prior but it failed and put me off to NAS devices for a while. I was given a 1TB mycloud unit a few years back and only occasionally used it till I started to get into home movie archival, some vhs, 8mm etc and then ran out of space.

I thought long and hard about what to do and have gone "all in" again with the ds920+ and so far I'm enjoying it. I've got so many questions since it's new to me and I'm trying to navigate it's use and implementation.

My main focus currently is taking gigabytes of iPhoto archives and getting them on the Synology so I can untether them from having to use iPhotos, but so far I've been unsuccessful, hence why I came across this forum.

So going forward I'm hoping I can learn from others and possibly someday be able to return the favor.

Hello and welcome to the forum. A nice choice that 920+. I hope it will serve you well.
Thank you! I kept waffling between what NAS to get ultimately but went for the 920+ so I could grow a bit into it and learn more along the way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.