Hey I just released the first version of my dark theme for Synology Photos. [Screenshots & Link]

Currently reading
Hey I just released the first version of my dark theme for Synology Photos. [Screenshots & Link]

NAS
DS918+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hey everyone. I decided I was tired of having burnt retinas so I used my Google-fu...Or DuckDuck-fu in my case, and got to work. Nearly every element has been customized, including replacing most of the stock icons, and placeholder images.

I am not a web developer at all, so don't hesitate to provide some assistance or input over on my GitHub.

Here is the link, its just a single .CSS file. As of right now, I have only tested this in my browsers web inspector but I don't see any reason you cant use any userstyle loader extension. Eventually I would like to find a way to implement these changes on the NAS itself so you wont need an extension.

Oh, I also created three completely custom icons to go with the theme for those of you use use apps like Fluid, or WebCatalog to have a Synology Photos desktop app. The Icons are at the bottom.

Enjoy.

Im likely doing NoteStation next ;)

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.20.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.20.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.26.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.30.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.30.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.45.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 9.46.07 PM.png
dark.png
light.png
full.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back