User introduction Hi All...

Currently reading
User introduction Hi All...

Hi All,

Stumbled across the forum yesterday when my DS415+ died! luckily i managed to purchase and get a DS920+ in the same day and was back up and running last night !!

Now that i have the DS920, thinking of moving MS AD and Email to it to reduce the VM's i am running at home....

Used my DS415+ for Movies, Music, Photos and iSCSI LUN for Vmware vSphere Lab where i have been picking up Kubernetes, EFK etc..

Looking forward to saying hello, picking up some knowledge and also hope i can provide some as well...

Hope you are all safe and well...

captHedge

Good to have you here.
In case the DS415+ died as a result of the C2000 issue: have you made the attempt do do the resistor fix? could be worth it.
Thanks!!!
It could be that and i have not yet.. once i orderd the 920, i saw the posts around the soldering of the resisitor - i may give that a go - given she was running solid for nearly 5 years i have to say it's done well... now that i have the 920, i will proably give it a go - nothing to lose !
-- post merged: --

Hi @captHedge,

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you already got the 920+ up and running.
Thanks SynoMan!!

Yeah luckily the migrate was painless with all settings kept as well....

The speed difference from the 415 to the 920 is amazing.... transferring files last night was visibly much quicker !

The speed difference from the 415 to the 920 is amazing.... transferring files last night was visibly much quicker !
Oh, definitely. I have 720+ (which is almost the same NAS) with SSD and it flies like a rocket ;) Even without SSD, it will run fast.

We'll need a RIP section on this forum:

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 10.41.06.png

:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back