User introduction Hi New to NAS

Currently reading
User introduction Hi New to NAS

Welcome!

this particular forum section is not really for this type of questions, but to answer in short, you can use various drives and don't focus too much on specifics, considering your needs.

WD RED Plus drives, Seagate IronWolf and the likes would be best for this as you don't need any high performance drives, so look at what you can get atm.

I would like to point out maybe to consult the HDD compatibility list for this model just to avoid any potential unsupported drives that might fall into your cart.

Many thanks for your reply Rusty and I apologise for getting carried away in my introduction. Perhaps it would be better to post my questions in the HDD forum instead, just to make things easier.
Kind regards,
Trevor

Hi everyone, I’m in the process of entering the world of NAS and this seemed like an excellent place to seek advice.
Well, it would help if you could tell us what kind of advice you are seeking? If HDD then by all means look to the Drive section.

Well, it would help if you could tell us what kind of advice you are seeking? If HDD then by all means look to the Drive section.
Thanks for your response 🙂 and I’ve actually posted a separate thread in that forum. 👍

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.