High CPU - DSM Internal Service - Postgres

Currently reading
High CPU - DSM Internal Service - Postgres

NAS
DS1517+, DS1515+, RS815+, RS1221+
I have a DS1515+ that is consistently above 90% CPU. It generally seems to be performing well otherwise. If I drill down into the Resource Monitor/Task Manager, DSM Internal Service/ postgres is taking up most of the CPU

1677771988440.png

I can't figure out what might be causing this. I have several other Synology NAS that don't have this behaviour. The only thing unique about this NAS in our environment is it is also running CloudSync and MailPlus Server (light duty, just for internal email relay, about 300 sent/week) . I haven't created any Indexed Folders.

Any suggestions on where to look to solve this problem? Or is it a problem?

Details: DSM 7.1.1, 6 GB RAM, 2 SHR-1 HDD volumes, both btrfs, SMB, CloudSync, HyperBackup & HyperBackup Vault, MailPlus Server

Update: after several hours at high CPU, whatever was causing the high DSM Internal Service/postgres activity has stopped. CPU is back to normal (typical 12-15%, with DSM desktop running). I still would appreciate any insight on what may be causing the high postgres load.

Upvote 0
I believe this is due to media indexing. I recently added a bunch of images/videos to my nas and kicked of the indexing in synology photos. I'm seeing this now too, but I assume it will return to normal once the indexing completes.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.