Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a question about the CPU process called kswapd0.

It's constantly high and it pushing up my CPU usage.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 11.50.13.png

As you can see my CPU is high most of the time in the day. Expect at night it goes down.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 11.55.55.png

I was checking my Task scheduler and there were some integrity checks for my Hyper Backup tasks. Maybe this is it. But now I've changed it to do checks overnight, so I'll see it tomorrow. But the CPU is currently still around 70-80% on average.

Any ideas what could be wrong else are welcome.

How's your RAM usage?

Googling kswapd0 seems to confirm my initial thoughts: swap space management for paging memory from disk and RAM.

There could be a RAM heavy process or you've a memory leak.
RAM is fine, around 50% all the time.

Upvote 0
BTW what are you using to generate the CPU graph? I don't recognise it as Resource Monitor.

Speaking of which: in the Performance page there is the time range selector. You can check the CPU over the previous day, for example, and also Memory has both physical and swap options. Actually the other metrics may be useful too. Maybe you can tie in some scheduled activities against these views?

Upvote 0
BTW what are you using to generate the CPU graph? I don't recognise it as Resource Monitor.
Grafana.

Speaking of which: in the Performance page there is the time range selector. You can check the CPU over the previous day, for example, and also Memory has both physical and swap options. Actually the other metrics may be useful too. Maybe you can tie in some scheduled activities against these views?
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.