Currently reading
high CPU usage

NAS
DS1019+ DSM6
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
any ideas what this is and why is using so much CPU?

Annotation 2020-07-19 133304.jpg

main reason, is that the NAS is, apparently, sitting idle yet the CPU usage is at 47%.
the screenshot shows the process using the most CPU (even though it's only 4.7%), i don't usually see that process sitting using that much.

sometimes i see two of those synosci processes using the same amount of CPU.

so you can't answer what the process is, or why it's using 4.7% CPU, so forgive me for asking, why did you even bother posting in the thread? you could have used your time better elsewhere, please feel free to do that.

@chenks Don't know what it is doing exactly, but it could be housekeeping tasks.

There are a bunch of similar named processes that I see. Sometimes I know it's thrashing from something I've forced to happen but the process named in Resource Monitor has little to tie it to what I know is happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.