Currently reading
Question Hikvision camera suddenly disconnected

NAS
Synology DS214Play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Yes, tried that. I've also tried calling the "new" camera a different name just in case there's some corruption left over from the old name (yes I know, clutching at straws now!).

I've also tried adding a new user in the camera, giving it full access and then tried adding to SS using those credentials and still the same error.

This person had the same issue:

But seemed to be related to length of password being too long (mine is less than 16 chars).

I thinking of leaving it for now and looking at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

NAS
Synology DS214Play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
You too, thank you again for all your help, very much appreciated.

NAS
Synology DS214Play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Sorted! Working again.

It must have been a dodgy port on my switch...

And then there is an "illegal Login Attempt" max of 5 set in the camera which I disabled and the Test Connection then worked straight away and the camera is now back online!

Thank you again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.