Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
Good day :)

I am still in the middle of the home network (LAN) build, actually reviewing network installation vendors with regard to quality service, previous home network experience and pricing. Still I have a number of questions, what will happen to the landline telephone in my home ? Is it possible to remove it, i.e. remove the installed in-wall wiring, and use CAT cables and VOIP telephony instead ?? If so is the case of VOIP, what components do I need ? what installation and operation costs are incurred ??

My current connection is a fiber connection and a landline phone.

Many VOIP systems are wireless, apart from the base unit. You can remove the landline wiring if you desire. I left mine, and use it for a wireless phone station and fax, which are fed from the VOIP base unit (Ooma).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.