Home network with 2 different DSM

Currently reading
Home network with 2 different DSM

NAS
DS710+, DS720+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have 2 servers DS710+ and DS720+. I am wondering if this 2 machines can work together on my home network with 2 different DSM (5.2 and 7.0). Many thanks for your ideas

Yes. I run three NAS on the home LAN.
The problem is they have different version of DSM. (5.2 and 7.0). I can't synchronize files in shared folder between 2 DS's. Only name of the folder is copied - unfortunatelly files are not synchr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
looking to setup adGuard home on a raspberry pi 4b to block ads for every client on LAN network. I use...
Replies
Views
I don't recommend exposing the NAS directly to the internet. Modem>Powerline>Router>Devices (wired/Wi-Fi)
Replies
Views
  • Question
The setup is: DS918+ running the latest version of DSM 7 LetsEncrypt certificate are working at all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see a reason to use https, if you're accessing your NAS from within your local network. That...
Replies
Views
If I couldn't set my ISP modem/router in bridge mode: I'd rather order a managed switch, hook it up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. As a newbie I may be totally misunderstanding the concept of how Tailscale works but anyway here goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Reset, mode one, as suggested above should restore your connection. Going forward, create a reserved IP...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back