Hosted Site unreachable outside Network (only HTTPS)

Currently reading
Hosted Site unreachable outside Network (only HTTPS)

NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Last edited:
EDIT: I've managed to track it down to my router that seems unwilling to forward port 443 at all. Since I can't delete the thread, I'll leave it for anyone that is interested in a port-forwarding issue or debugging of similarissues.

---

I managed to set up Reverse Proxy to one of my Docker container. (It runs Strapi, which only supports HTTP):

1638198265191.png

This works fine from within the network, but it fails from the outside (Page cannot be reached. Telnet timeout).
The portforwarding of the router looks correct to me:

1638198421166.png
1638198395591.png

I also set up the connection over HTTP. This works from inside and outside the network (Page loads without SSL. Telnet connects):

1638198682115.png

The tests were all made while the Firewall was disabled.

I'm currently out of ideas, if anyone has a hint for possible causes, please let me know.
-- post merged: --

My current thoughts are:
  • Since I can connect from within the network, the SSL setup should be fine and the Docker container runs fine.
  • Since I can connect from outside the network using HTTP, the Dynamic DNS (in use for years) to the router works fine.
  • I don't know whether the port forwarding works.
  • The Reverse Proxy should work since it works from within the network, but I don't trust it. :D
-- post merged: --

Update: Using Webstation to host a PHP page without any Reverse Proxy involved results in the same behavior. Therefore it should be a problem between the Router and the DSM?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.