Question How can I know that I'm on the safe side ?

Currently reading
Question How can I know that I'm on the safe side ?

NAS
218+
First of all this is my first exprience on NAS devices.
I use my nas for basics things (plex,home cameras ...) , After 2 days I will travel to another country.
I do not really know whether I am protected from hackers or not , I have the remote access using synology.me and also I change my default ports but plex port and radarr port are the same also I enabled HTTPS so does my NAS secured enough ?

Another question how can i know if some one entered my nas ? and is there any way to turn on my nas from outside my home ?

What you have done so far is all good. Try and minimize ports on the web, activate 2fa, disable admin account.

On the matter of compromising your nas, if they do enter you will know for sure coz some sort of damage will be done. Close down as much as you can and open up only ports you really need.

What you have done so far is all good. Try and minimize ports on the web, activate 2fa, disable admin account.

On the matter of compromising your nas, if they do enter you will know for sure coz some sort of damage will be done. Close down as much as you can and open up only ports you really need.
I will turn off my plex port because I can edit my media from plex account , this is (here) all the ports I used any recommendation for what to turn on/off?

Wow that’s a lot of ports. Turn off everything and then just turn on those that you need to work via internet. Def DO NOT allow windows file share over the internet for example.
I try to turn of all ports that's I don't use it and end of these ports only (here) also I don't know what you mean by "
disable admin account"

disable admin account
i mean the default admin account in Control Panel > Users. Disable the use called "admin". Make sure that you have another user account in the "administrators" group before you do that so that you can still administer your NAS with all the tasks that you need. But, the default admin account should be disabled for security reasons.

Get rid of all those port forwards. Set up VPN (one port forward) and you will access your NAS capabilities just as if you were on the LAN.

If you need app access remotely settle for QuickConnect.

Get rid of all those port forwards. Set up VPN (one port forward) and you will access your NAS capabilities just as if you were on the LAN.

If you need app access remotely settle for QuickConnect.
Sorry my friend do have any tutorial of how can I set up vpn ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back