How can I rename or remap the "Shared Spaces" folder share? By default it is named "photo" which confuses family members.

Currently reading
How can I rename or remap the "Shared Spaces" folder share? By default it is named "photo" which confuses family members.

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I understand that the personal photo folder is /home/Photos and the shared spaces folder is /photo.

Why is it named /photo? Should it be named /SharedPhotos? Or at the very least be plural since it's the shared equivalent of the /Photos folder within each user's home share?

Ideally I would love for the folders to be /home/Photos and /SharedPhotos

I've had multiple family members accidentally copy personal photos into the /photo share. It's not a problem for me but it does bother me as far as naming conventions go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.