How can I reset shared folder encryption?

Currently reading
How can I reset shared folder encryption?

I rebooted my Synology NAS, and my shared folder has been unmounted. I tried to mount it again, but I lost my encryption key (I didn't use external Key Store). Is there any solution to get access to reset the encryption, or any other solution to be able to get access to the shared folder?

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
If you haven't got the encryption key then you won't be able to decrypt the shared folder. If it was possible to reset the encryption without the key then there would be no point in using encryption in the first place.

Before you resort to restoring the shared folder's data from your backups, I would definitely search for that. Maybe you've made a backup somewhere, e.g. a password manager?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.