DSM 7.1 How do I actually get files into synology Drive on the NAS so I can see them ony PC?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 How do I actually get files into synology Drive on the NAS so I can see them ony PC?

NAS
DS923+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am new to all this and getting frustrated now. I have a new ds923+ and installed Drive. I have an Admin account (disabled the default admin) and a personal account.

When I setup the network on my PC in Explorer O used th eadmin credentials and now when I want to transfer files from my personal account to Drive it says I don't have permissions to do so. Do I have to remap the drives agoan but with the personal login?

I am really new to this and have no idea what I'm doing.

TIA,
Jim

When I setup the network on my PC in Explorer O used th eadmin credentials and now when I want to transfer files from my personal account to Drive it says I don't have permissions to do so
Not really sure what you mean by "setting up network on your PC"? Also, "transferring personal account to Drive", is this also via Windows explorer or inside the NAS UI?

Last edited:
When I setup the network on my PC in Explorer O used th eadmin credentials and now when I want to transfer files from my personal account to Drive it says I don't have permissions to do so.
Not too long ago, I was a beginner too. 1st, I will tell you that it is possible to copy or move files from your PC into your NAS. But, before we trouble shoot your issues, please answer a few questions.
  1. What version of Windows OS are you using on your PC?
  2. On your PC, can you see your NAS folders in Windows Explorer by going to "Network"?
  3. Have you MAPed a NAS folder in Windows Explorer?
  4. Have you downloaded and used "Synology Assistant"?
  5. Have you configured a FireWall on your NAS?
  6. Have you ENABLED SMB on your NAS?
  7. Are you able to copy/more files to/from your PC/NAS through DSM (Disk Station Manager)?
As a beginner, I strongly suggest you watch how-to videos on youtube.com. I encourage you to watch many of them. It will help to keep your frustration level at a minimum as you learn how to use your Synology NAS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.