you are in right place, then we need understand better your:
- current operation of the NAS
- expectations to future.
Regarding the current operation:
1. you have 2x1TB disk capacity. What kind mode of operation:
a) what kind of Shared folders (when you have just music streaming usage)
b) what is an utilization of the Volume capacity (%), what is your future growth prediction?
... you can see details or make screenshot from DSM Storage manager
2. primary usage- music for streaming within local (home) network?
3. what about photos or documents. When you lost such data you will be disappointed. Is there something like this? Raid isn’t a backup.
Regarding the future expectations:
1. as was written by our reputable specialists - For such music storage only, it is enough. Then you need purchase two new disks and continue with same NAS and scenario. but 10y is 10y and the device can finish anytime the lifespan.
2. if you have few bucks to new NAS, you need to open your thinking about endless possibilities, as was written by @WST16
. You can see in our Resources what you can use and for what, ... from simple data backup of your home computers, your personal data cloud for data availability as you know from Dropbox/OneDrive/GoogleDrive, etc.
You can find in our Resources many useful helps. The most worst attitude is purchase a new NAS, then you can spend hours with looking of how-to and finally you can discover, that 100USD more expensive model is better for you. Same for disks.
So, show us your point.