How do I limit users from seeing in other on a Synology DS920+?

Currently reading
How do I limit users from seeing in other on a Synology DS920+?

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is it possible to limit different users from seeing each other when sharing items on a Synology DS920+?
Something like User A does not see User B when adding users to a share list in apps like Photos?

Short, yes. Have you activated shared spaces? Once you do that you will be able to share with various users and limit each to their designated album(s).

Perhaps "Shared Spaces" section in this article will help out.

Upvote 0
Short, yes. Have you activated shared spaces? Once you do that you will be able to share with various users and limit each to their designated album(s).

Perhaps "Shared Spaces" section in this article will help out.

So does that mean if I have enabled Shared Spaces and I have added in let's say "Group 1" and "Group 2" with Entry access permission, Group 1's shared space will be not accessible from Group 2's and vice-versa?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.