NAS
DS418 Play
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a Dell computer that I had as a Desktop client .The computer is no longer and I am looking to remove all files that were backed up. I wanted to emove client in synology drive administrative console or file station. The better part of me says don't hit the unlink button. The old files were backed up by Drive client and have no value now. I would like to remove all versioning that went along with it. Appreciate any help.

1649960320290.png

So why not remove it then?
Hi Rusty, Thats what I wanted to do but before I start doing the delete shuffle I wanted to check the way to do this
-- post merged: --

"Unlink" button removes the link between NAS and PC, and forces that PC to log-in again.
So you can safely mark "VERTINSPIRON" and "Unlink" it.
Then navigate to "VERTINSPIRON" back-up folder/files on NAS and delete.
That sounds like the path I need. And will that remove the versioning also?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Hi Rusty, Thats what I wanted to do but before I start doing the delete shuffle I wanted to check the way to do this
-- post merged: --

That sounds like the path I need. And will that remove the versioning also?
Depends on how you have set up Visioning for that Team folder.
Delete the files, then check synology drive administrative console | Teamfolder | mark relevant team folder | Version Explorer.
Under Version Explorer you can see if versions is still there, and chose to delete them.
After this, you will not be able to recover those files.

Upvote 0
Depends on how you have set up Visioning for that Team folder.
Delete the files, then check synology drive administrative console | Teamfolder | mark relevant team folder | Version Explorer.
Under Version Explorer you can see if versions is still there, and chose to delete them.
After this, you will not be able to recover those files.
Thanks all for your assist. I figured I would check, this on the past weekend and I think I was able to eliminate all the files. Having unlinked the inspiron seems to have cleared everything relevant to that device as I do not see it in file station or any versioning. I will have other questions, and hopefully this puts me back on track. Again Thanks

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.