NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Sunday 6AM (Mountains of WNC): So far ~5" of snow over last evening's freezing rain... Supposed to snow all day long. 8-15" total depending on the track of the storm...
Propane Delivery Yesterday, so we're as prepared as possible for Power outages. Be safe out there!

Last edited:
Great suggestion! Tested all 5 a couple days ago! (4 of 5 on replacement 9A batteries, changed 2 yr ago).. I'm amazed: one still passes after about 5 years (TV in spare bedroom)! They only need to work 30-45 seconds till generator kicks in....
12:45: may have missed the heavy snow — ~7” so far

Stay warm and safe.

I hope they have a lot of snowplows up there. When I lived in Tidewater VA it used to take them 3-4 days after it snowed to clear our street.

Last edited:
HOA informs us that once county roads to our development get plowed, the contractor will do main roads in development.
We still have a 300' downhill concrete driveway (off to left in top pix).... in addition to our turn around between house & garage....
Here is the camera's we share with the HOA
image1.png

At bottom of our driveway, is an immediate 90 degree Left turn.. followed by an immediate right turn 180 degree switchback around a pond!... You would NOT want to miss that left turn at base of our driveway, unless you like swimming! 4 swtichbacks later, and 800' decrease in elevation, and you get to first of 2 country roads.... State Highway is 6 miles and another 600' elevation, away... Ah, Mountain Living!
More reasons for a walk in Pantry!

I remember such snowy in CEE lowlands when I was a little boy. Every winter.
Today it is possible to ski on natural snow only on hills above 1800 meters above sea level. It is not even possible without artificial snow.
In recent years, I have observed that it is no longer to perceive a spring season. The light winter ends and hot summer begins.
Everything changes.

So this road is a challenge for pure offroad horses and chains:
1642427718175.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back