How long can you still update old Synology Products?

Currently reading
How long can you still update old Synology Products?

NAS
DS216
Hello,

I've read somewhere that Synology devices will not get update after 5 years? Is that true?

Thank you!

Hello,

I've read somewhere that Synology devices will not get update after 5 years? Is that true?

Thank you!
DSM 6.2 version is the last version for models from 2011/2012. So DSx11 and DSx12 models can still use it an install it. Any version after that will not be supported but security patches will still apply. So no, 5y is not correct.

Thank you @Rusty! The security patches are far more important to me than new features. I see you have DS412 - thats almost 7 years, did any parts failed like power adapter or fans?

I see you have DS412 - thats almost 7 years, did any parts failed like power adapter or fans?
I have to say that 412 was nothing but a pleasure to use. Really rock solid, no problems at all regarding the unit itself. It's still in use 24/7, 0 problems.

DS106e about 10 years old still running well, even managed to update the firmware past Synology latest DSM by fooling it into thinking it was a different Diskstation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back