Currently reading
How many times does DSM do "Repair (Checking Drive Consistency)"

NAS
DS1621+, DS1819+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Ok I decided to expand my DS1618+ and have been adding the 10TB drives one at a time. But yesterday I noticed something puzzling. I was monitoring Storage Manager as the system did its "Repair (Checking Drive Consistency" exercise. I watched the counter reach 99.99% and then when it flipped past that, I expected the system to say "all done" so to speak. Instead, it started all over again, and is now at 72% complete (as I write this). Just how many times does it go through the cycle of repairing?

Thanks

Thanks Telos ... out of curiosity, what are the three partitions? I assume the System is one and Storage Pool 1 is another ... what's the third?

Ok I decided to expand my DS1618+ and have been adding the 10TB drives one at a time. But yesterday I noticed something puzzling. I was monitoring Storage Manager as the system did its "Repair (Checking Drive Consistency" exercise. I watched the counter reach 99.99% and then when it flipped past that, I expected the system to say "all done" so to speak. Instead, it started all over again, and is now at 72% complete (as I write this). Just how many times does it go through the cycle of repairing?

Thanks
The system partition is small, that one is done in minutes. As I recall: if the data partition consistency check needs another go, there is an issue with the disk that needs to be solved, and the check restarts.

out of curiosity, what are the three partitions
tPDoGg2.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.