How to complain about Synology Support

Currently reading
How to complain about Synology Support

NAS
DS1517+
I have recently noticed I have been getting a problem with the IronWolf Health Test for my Seagate IronWolf drives on my Synology NAS 1517+. The test is failing intermittently with the message 'Failed to test - contact Synology support.

I was quite appalled by the response I got to this ticket (copied below).

That they said they cannot "confirm the root cause" because they have not got the information from Seagate, which seems to be ignoring their responsibility for the Synology NAS product.

Even more so in the response they said "Our developers have indicated to us that the tool will not be updated any further, so no additions/updates will be made to it." Seems totally incompatible with the support for the currently latest version of DSM.

I have been trying to find a way to raise a formal complaint to Synology about this but can't find out how to do that. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Don't bother, the seagate Ironwolf health test is a completely useless addition to SMART.
You will only be more disappointed.
Best to focus your energy on things that help you forward !

In which case Synology should update their website as it says (my highlighting)

"Seagate IHM monitors drive health status, provides maintenance recommendations, and offers higher accuracy in predicting drive failure."

Last edited:
I'll agree with EAZ on this - not something I'd sweat. DSM should be quite adequately able to monitor drive health. That said, their technical support can be a bit lackluster. It took over two weeks to fully process a cross-ship RMA for my DS1815+ when the Atom processor bug hit, and a recent case I submitted regarding Itunes not being able to successfully access the NAS after DSM7 upgrade was responded with settings to check and MAC (not PC) troubleshooting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.