How to connect with DS220j while router is in bridge mode?

Currently reading
How to connect with DS220j while router is in bridge mode?

NAS
DS220j
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I warmly welcome,
I'm a little messed up. I played some tutorials, and accidentally launched Bridge mode on my router.

Now I can't get to my NAS. Even find.synology.com cannot find it.

I would like to turn off this damn bridge mode in the router, but I have no idea how to do it. I dug through google but can't find any step by step instructions.
Please help. My router is Technicolor cga2121.

I am not sure if hard reset could help, some people say it could not help. I am a bit afraid to do this hard reset because I do not know what the default settings will be. Now at least I can use the internet, that I can write something on the forum. I am afraid I can loose even that.

If you don't know how to get out of this damn Bridge mode then maybe someone would instruct me how to get into my DS220j in this situation.

Somewhere I heard that I may have to connect directly to the router via the Internet cable. The worst thing is that I do not even have such a socket in my computer, I only use Wi-Fi.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Is there no web portal on the router? It should be possible to switch to router mode.

It looks to be similar to my Virgin Media Hub 3. In bridge mode mine gets a local address of 192.168.100.1

You may be able to determine this using Mac’s Terminal app and using commands
ifconfig

arp -an

OK, I've just made hard reset of my router and it helped.
Again I have access to router portal by 192.168.0.1
I give up with bridge mode. It looks like it's to complicated for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.