How to disable guest account in DSM v6.2.4-25556

NAS
DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Updated my DSM software to v 6.2.4-25556 and got the nag to disable the admin account (which I did).. I also tried to disable the Guest account but that option is greyed out. How do I disable the Guest account?

Thanks,

I have three accounts - Admin, mine and guest. I've disabled admin, logged in with mine (the one I used to set up the NAS) and guest. Logged in under mine, I cannot disable guest (but I could disable admin).

Thanks. Yes, I believe the "mine" account is my user account. How do I log into the Admin account - I never set it up(?)

Thanks EAZ1964. I checked those to settings and they were as they should be. But then I went back into users and the guest account had been disabled (?)
DDA:FTP (Didn't do anything: Fixed the problem)!

o_O

I'm getting this notification on my 1815+ for the first time with DSM7. I use a Plex server, so I assume I have to use guest. Any way to make that account more secure? It only has access to the folder where my MKVs are located.

I'm getting this notification on my 1815+ for the first time with DSM7. I use a Plex server, so I assume I have to use guest. Any way to make that account more secure? It only has access to the folder where my MKVs are located.
Plex under DSM7 has a new system internal account. So what account is in question here?

Plex under DSM7 has a new system internal account. So what account is in question here?
I’m assuming you mean if you’re using the Synology as the server, right?
-- post merged: --

There is no circumstance that requires you to enable the guest account to use Plex.
Wow, I guess that is an old assumption of mine that’s been wrong all along. Thanks for that info!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.