How to disable username caching for login

Currently reading
How to disable username caching for login

NAS
DS415+
When you login to DSM from the web interface and start typing a username it pops up a list of previous login usernames that match. I'd like to disable this, but I can't seem to find a setting for it. Anyone know a way?

thanks,
c

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Isn’t that coming from your browser?

NAS
DS415+
WST16,
thank you for that. My problem was that my finger slipped during a login so instead of typing Username <tab> password, I typed Username <Caps Lock> password, so as soon as I would try to login it would display my full username and password on the dropdown. I originally figured it was in the browser, but since the Diskstation is on Chrome's list of "Don't cache passwords for this device" and I didn't see it anywhere, I gave up. Then I checked in my Google account itself (which has other login info) and it wasn't there either. It was also showing up on all the machines that I login from which I why I started to think it was cached on the synology instead. Your comment made me dig into Chrome again, and I was able to clear it by going to: Chrome, settings, clear browsing data, autofill form data.

Thank you for the help.

cheers,
c

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads