How to disable username caching for login

Currently reading
How to disable username caching for login

NAS
DS415+
When you login to DSM from the web interface and start typing a username it pops up a list of previous login usernames that match. I'd like to disable this, but I can't seem to find a setting for it. Anyone know a way?

thanks,
c

WST16,
thank you for that. My problem was that my finger slipped during a login so instead of typing Username <tab> password, I typed Username <Caps Lock> password, so as soon as I would try to login it would display my full username and password on the dropdown. I originally figured it was in the browser, but since the Diskstation is on Chrome's list of "Don't cache passwords for this device" and I didn't see it anywhere, I gave up. Then I checked in my Google account itself (which has other login info) and it wasn't there either. It was also showing up on all the machines that I login from which I why I started to think it was cached on the synology instead. Your comment made me dig into Chrome again, and I was able to clear it by going to: Chrome, settings, clear browsing data, autofill form data.

Thank you for the help.

cheers,
c

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.