How to find out what app/process on NAS is non stop writing to disk

Currently reading
How to find out what app/process on NAS is non stop writing to disk

More good news - I was investigating my NAS and have found that one synced folder has a problem with one old file, what made writing never ending loop. Deleted it and created it again - works perfect :)
I was using Syno Drive, but it:
- it sync photos to a folder on NAS which I can not change
- this syncing put photos visible to Syno Moments in a way I don't like and there is no way to customize it
- in Resilio I can sync any folder from my phone directly to any folder I chose on my NAS
Drive is not primary tool for camera photo sync taken from smartphones, then you can’t get a satisfaction. It’s tool for a collaborative data availability from single person to groups. The availability (immediate sync and versioning) is the main feature, across all OS platforms. Usage of the Drive for photo sync from smartphones is same as use a heavy hammer for eggs opening.
Then this is not fail at Syno side. However, you found useful solution by Resilio.

Well, so
- why there is so option (sync) in Drive if it is nor for sync photos?
- why they do not work to improve DS Photo to it work better and to be more stable?
As I was reading there will be new app for photo Gallery/Albums in DS7, so Moments out? Realy, first DS Photo, then Moments and then again change... Very bad way, specially, that parralel mobile apps are not perfect...

Well, so
- why there is so option (sync) in Drive if it is nor for sync photos?
- why they do not work to improve DS Photo to it work better and to be more stable?
As I was reading there will be new app for photo Gallery/Albums in DS7, so Moments out? Realy, first DS Photo, then Moments and then again change... Very bad way, specially, that parralel mobile apps are not perfect...

As I wrote last time:
Drive is not primary tool for camera photo sync taken from smartphones.
You can't setup Drive client in your smartphone for Photo (source) sync to your NAS (destination) or back.
It is similar like for MS Word - you can paint there or "edit" pictures, but it is not Photoshop :cool: . Nothing is free in real life.

Regarding a marriage of DS Photo and Moments you need to wait for real experience. I see the potential in single package for Photo Management and Photo Sync. There is no business for two (development, maintenance, fix, build, ...) . Same as for CloudStation and Drive, from DSM7 it will remain just single - Drive. Fair enough.

Btw, mobile APPs from Syno can help you, when you will use for primary purpose. But when you will expect some hybrid usage (out of the primary purpose), you will be disappointed.
You can develop many "Why" topic, but we aren't Synology or Syno developers. Then your frustration is out of real impact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.