Currently reading
How to fix Drive Status "Crashed"?

NAS
RS2418+, DS1821+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a 12 drive array running SHR2 (2 drive fault tolerance) in a RS2418+. They are a mix of 8, 6, and 4TB drives.

I was going going to swap out one of the 4TB drives for an 8TB drive. The newly inserted drive was detected fine. But when I powered the machine back one, 3 of my previous drives shows as having "crashed".

I tried taking the drives out and cleaning both the drive and the port on the NAS with compressed air (in case it was just an electrical fault from too much dust). How, one of my HDDs isn't being detected at all (drive 1).

The other two drives (drives 5 & 9) shows as "crashed". The newly upgraded 8TB drive (drive 8) shows as "not initialized", which is correct as I haven't done anything to it. Currently, I can still

Storage Manager tells me that in order to repair the "crashed" drives, I need to "deactivate" them, and then reinsert them. I'm concerned doing so will irretrivably delete my data. Will this be the case? What's the best way to fix this?
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 2.04.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 2.04.22 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 2.04.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 2.04.19 PM.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.