DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
We have 2 synology NAS's.

1. Head Office - NAS01

2. Site Office - NAS02

Snapshot replication runs successfully from Site Office to Head Office

We have setup a 3rd NAS at head office.

We need to mount the snapshot on NAS01 t0 NAS03 for users to access this.

How do we do this

well you can’t directly. Snap in your case (nas01) is in a relation to your nas02 and it’s in read only mode.

What you can do is access the replica on nas01 using the recovery section and then click the recover button.

You will get a list of snapshot points. Then, use the browse button to access the ready only data and copy it to your nas03 or use the action menu to clone the content under a new root shared folder. This will mean new root shared folder on nas01 that you will then again have to transfer to your nas03 but those are your options.

Finally you can do another direct snapshot from nas02 to nas03 for the same content in question

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.