NAS
DS1815+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,

In order to understand how to create packages for previous DSM, I used to open the SPK with 7Zip or WinRar and to reverse-engineer the scripts. Learning by sample has always been much more efficient than reading the documentation of Synology for developers (even if this documentation has been improved a lot in the last years).

Unfortunately, none of the beta packages for DSM 7.0 can be open anymore with 7zip ?! (See Syno Preview)

Are they "encrypted" to prevent such reverse-engineering ??? Or is there a trick that we can use to unpack them ?

Many thx in adv for your comments/suggestions on this !

V.

Hello,

In order to understand how to create packages for previous DSM, I used to open the SPK with 7Zip or WinRar and to reverse-engineer the scripts. Learning by sample has always been much more efficient than reading the documentation of Synology for developers (even if this documentation has been improved a lot in the last years).

Unfortunately, none of the beta packages for DSM 7.0 can be open anymore with 7zip ?! (See Syno Preview)

Are they "encrypted" to prevent such reverse-engineering ??? Or is there a trick that we can use to unpack them ?

Many thx in adv for your comments/suggestions on this !

V.
Maybe you can use DSM7 tool to "unlock" them.

More info on the tool here: DSM 7 - development materials are here!

So, finally, it sounds like I will really have to learn how to use them :unsure:...
When I first looked at the Tool Chain, I started to implement my own application to build my packages :giggle:

Thx Rusty... I will check how to unpack SPK with those tools !

V.

I am definitely lazy... I did capture the content of the packages during installation :rolleyes:

Create share named "public" on the volume1
Create a shell script named cp.sh in that share with

#!/bin/bash mkdir -p "/volume1/public/SynoCapture/" rm -R /volume1/@tmp/pkginstall/* echo "Press [CTRL+C] to stop.." while true do rsync -qavr --exclude='*/package' /volume1/\@tmp/pkginstall/ /volume1/public/SynoCapture/ 2>/dev/null done

And in a SSH console, run
cd /volume1/public sudo ./cp.sh

It's not bullet proof, but I can now have a look into the SPK for DSM 7.0

I have ;)
I did my own Windows Application :p

[Well... It's still under development to support all the workers... I wrote it far before the support for such workers in Synology's packages)

Guys, the SPK for DSM-7 is still possible to be editited via 7zip or packaged via tar without using the DSM-7 tool chains.
So for reverse engineering and better understanding let pe provide a dummy demo package and some hints:

1) Add mandatory files and tags in INFO to get rid of warnings on privileges or broken package format:
- A new folder conf must exist in SPK root with optional resource file and mandatory privilege file. The latter looks like:
{ "defaults":{ "run-as": "package" }, "username": "DummySpk7", <= same a package name is the user that runs it instead of root "join-groupname": "system" <= important "feature" to allow read access to system-files incl. authenticate.cgi

- INFO must have the tag: <os_min_ver="7.0-4000"> to make it a DSM-7 package. The rest of SPK structure remains the same

2) All root privileged actions have to be avoided; this is the hard part; e.g. softlinks are now created via helpers in resource file.
- For details on SPK structure, privileges, helpers, and examples see here: https://global.download.synology.co.../DSM/7.0/enu/DSM_Developer_Guide_7_0_Beta.pdf

PS: if you want to play with real DSM-7 package see here: Showcase details | Community Package Hub => go for arch x86_64

Attachments

• DummySpk7.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 172
Hi TosoBoso. Sure, a SPK done by ourselves (as you DummySkp7.spk which is inside the attached zip) can still be opened with 7zip...

But did you try to open any spk from Synology (Here) ? I the past, we were able to open any spk from Synology.

Hi TosoBoso. Sure, a SPK done by ourselves (as you DummySkp7.spk which is inside the attached zip) can still be opened with 7zip...
But did you try to open any spk from Synology (Here) ? I the past, we were able to open any spk from Synology.
Hi, got it yes Synology Packages cannot be opend with Tar / 7Zip, so all we can do is reverse engineer on installed packages.

I did my own Windows Application ... It's still under development to support all the workers... I wrote it far before the support for such workers in Synology's packages
And can we sync up, maybe in other tread about workers?. I maintain them manually in the package and so far I failed to get a reverse proxy running with a different domain (e.g. meet.daomin.com), all I could do is alias (aka mydomain/meet).
-TosoBoso

It really sucks AF that DSM 7 .SPK packages are not allowed to be opened anymore. Someone knows if it's some kind of encrytion they have added to .SPK packages from Synology download page?

Edit: Just in case someone is wondering: I want to run MailPlus Server package on vDSM 7 which was possible on DSM 6.x by editing the according INFO file within the .SPK file.

Status
Not open for further replies.