How to recover password of Synology Drive documents?

Currently reading
How to recover password of Synology Drive documents?

NAS
DS224+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Dear Pro,

I have a documents and working with it for a long time, I set password and now a I cannot remember :(
So, how to recover the password or remove it from the document?

Thank you a lots.

2021-06-11_082346.jpg

If you set the password while the file was managed by Drive then you maybe able to rollback to an unprotected version. It would depend on how far back your versions go.

Also you might recover an unprotected version from your Hyper Backup vault.

You’d lose any newer changes in the file.

You already know the answer. Did you think we have a hack key we will share?
Maybe, bro ^^ Thank you.
-- post merged: --

If you set the password while the file was managed by Drive then you maybe able to rollback to an unprotected version. It would depend on how far back your versions go.

When create file, I choose Encrypt document so I have no change to recover. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that. It's a lesson that can be hard-learnt and why I've used a password manager since PalmOS days.

I know it's possible to remove sheet and workbook password protections from within Excel (xlsx) files but I've not looked to remove file level/opening protection.

You never know, you might get a flash of light and the password comes back :) No point in deleting the file.

Sorry to hear that. It's a lesson that can be hard-learnt and why I've used a password manager since PalmOS days.

I know it's possible to remove sheet and workbook password protections from within Excel (xlsx) files but I've not looked to remove file level/opening protection.

You never know, you might get a flash of light and the password comes back :) No point in deleting the file.
Thanks Fred, it's my fault.

I've test with Synology Office file that was encrypted. If you have the normal file with version history, you encrypted it, version history gone, so you have no chance to restore it to previous state.

I've test with Synology Office file that was encrypted. If you have the normal file with version history, you encrypted it, version history gone, so you have no chance to restore it to previous state.
Ah, but worth knowing and makes some sense. But would likely leave HB vault having a recoverable backup, if file was created without encryption and also backed up some times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.